About Peter T Simonian, MD
Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Reconstruction, Dr. Peter Simonian is a highly rated Healthgrades® recognized physician, renowned for using the leading technologies and surgical treatments. Dr. Simonian’s approach to treating patients at the Simonian Sports Medicine Clinic is to provide the finest possible medical care to injured athletes of all ages and all levels – from the recreational to the elite. His clinic also offers the same caliber of care for nearly every knee and shoulder injury or degenerative condition resulting from an accident or work- related event.
Dr. Simonian’s primary expertise is minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, knee and shoulder reconstruction as well as treatment for all sports-related fractures and trauma. Importantly, the Simonian Sports Medicine Clinic is an environment that focuses on the study and integration of the latest research and technologies to deliver unprecedented surgical results and patient care.
Having grown up in the Central Valley, Dr. Peter Simonian has studied, trained, and practiced in some of the finest orthopaedic educational institutions across the nation. Dr. Simonian completed an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, Washington, as well as a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, New York. Dr. Peter Simonian then accepted the opportunity to return to the University of Washington, where he became the Chief of Sports Medicine and an Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Peter Simonian and his wife returned to Fresno as they knew it was where they wanted to raise their family.
Peter Simonian's Board Certification
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery: Recertification: 2008, 2018
National Board of Medical Examiners, 1992
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
M.D., Graduate with Highest Distinction, Dean’s Scholar 1987-1991, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991-1996 (Chief Resident 1995-1996)
- Community Medical Centers | Clovis, CA
- Medical Director of Sports Medicine | Community Medical Centers, Fresno, CA
- Saint Agnes Medical Center | Fresno, CA
- Clinical Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery | University of Washington, Seattle, 1997-present
- Clinical Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery | University of California, San Francisco, 2002-2015
- Chief of Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery | University of Washington, Seattle, 1997-2002
- Director of Sports Medicine Research, Orthopaedic Surgery | University of Washington, Seattle, 1997-2002
- Team Physician, University of Washington, Husky Intercollegiate Athletics, 1997-2002
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Hospital for Special Surgery Alumni Association
- Orthopaedics Overseas, Inc.; Health Volunteers Overseas
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation – The Alfred R. Shands, Jr. Circle
- Western Orthopaedic Association
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Research Society
The Simonian Sports Medicine Clinic is distinct in accepting nearly all insurance companies in order to better serve the local community.